Real Estate Marketing Tools- Traditional
Seven Offline Real Estate Marketing Tools You Should be Using
To help you get a better idea of what offline real estate marketing tools are working in this online marketing-driven climate, I’ve put together some of the most effective offline realtor tools for you.
1. Host a Broker Event – This will help you network with the people in your industry about the topics that matter most. This is an excellent way to keep an ear to the ground and possibly get ideas for your blog, fill holes in your marketing strategies, and even agree with colleagues that might find clients you need but have no use for.
2. Print Media – A standard-bearing classic in offline real estate marketing tools, invests only in professional designs and printing materials. Stick with the basics here: research papers, white papers, product descriptions, brochures, marketing material, etc. Whatever will get your message out there, and keep screaming it once your client gets it home and reads it.
3. Support Local Organizations and Charities – From sponsoring a local baseball team to adopting a highway, you can give back to the community. This will establish you as a community pillar, making your name instantly recognizable.
This comes into play when a community member’s friends or family are looking for a real estate person in the area to guess whose name is on the tip of their tongues. Be sure to be selective and choose organizations that are in line with your message and values.
4. Press Releases – The goal here is two-fold. First, you want to get informative press releases that establish your real estate agency as the “go-to” firm in the area. These releases must be timely, well-informed, and address the area’s latest topics and breaking news.
This will garner the attention of news and program directors at your local media stations, leading them to contact you for matters in which your expertise is needed. These media appearances will make your agency a household name, thus building up buyer confidence and increasing your sales and referrals.
5. Hold Free Real Estate Seminar – Give speeches meant to show potential real estate investors how to enter the market or show people how to get the most added resale value on their homes. Talk about topics people will benefit from- give them “the get,” as in “what are they going to get for attending?” Then, deliver on that get. Don’t sell your services, but establish authority and be helpful-it will come back to you tenfold.
6. Catchy Business Cards – Business cards can make you stand out or get thrown out-it’s up to you which name you want to be on paper. For instance, drop cards are a nifty way to gain attention. These look like folded-up bills of money, leading people to at least pick them up and look at them.
When they see your name, they associate putting money in their pocket and are left with a good impression. Drop these in places where people will pick them up. Or how about a business card that folds up into a house? Have a plain white business card? That’s perfect for them to write someone else’s phone number on and then throw it away when they’re done. Just sayin’ (wink-wink)
7. Vehicle Wraps – You drive around your town or city daily, passing hundreds and thousands of people. Why not use your car for free advertising? Get your vehicle wrapped with your real estate agent’s name or your name and face. Let people know who you are wherever you go. It’s a one-time cost and super effective at getting you recognized as a person in the community, not just some name on a sign in front of a house.
Of course, integrating these offline marketing tools with online marketing techniques is the real key to real estate success.